Sergio Aguero’s sensational treble against Aston Villa was all he needed to move above Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as the most prolific overseas player in the history of Premier League.
The Argentine hitman shared with fans some flashes of his long-established killer instinct after Man City thrashed their league rivals to keep hope alive on the league log.
The massive 6-1 victory saw Aguero move his EPL tally to 177 and grab his 12th treble as he also moved one ahead of the league’s all-time goalscorer Alan Shearer.
The 31-year-old Argentine forward reached the significant landmark of his career in 255 appearances– three fewer games than the Frenchman who made his in 258 games.
Interestingly, he has now cemented his legacies alongside Henry, as both stars walked their into the list of Premier League best XI of foreign imports.
In the list by UK Sun, Aguero cemented his place at the fore-front with Cristiano Ronaldo and Belgium top star Eden Hazard.
Here is the best 11 list as cited on the Sun:
1. GK: Peter Schmeichel: (128 clean sheets in 310 top-flight games for Man United)
2. RCB: Vincent Kompany: (18 goals in 265 appearances for Manchester City)
3. CB: Nemanja Vidic: (15 goals in hi 211 appearances for Manchester United
4. LCB: Virgil Van Dijk: ( He is the most integral figure to Liverpool’s rise as European champions)
5. CM: Patrick Viera: (captained Arsenal from 2002 until he left in 2005 with 29 goals in 271 games)
6. CM: David Silva: (200 EPL game wins in only 289 appearances for Man City)
7. RM: Cristiano Ronaldo: (84 goals in 196 games for Manchester United)
8. CAM: Eric Cantona: ( 64 goals in 143 appearances for Manchester United)
9. LM: Eden Hazard: (85 goals in 245 games for Chelsea)
10. ST: Thierry Henry: (175 goals for Arsenal in 258 appearances for Arsenal)